Monday, August 22, 2011

The First Meeting!

The day finally arrived! Our coordinator picked us up at 10:15 this morning for a 10:30 meeting with the Inspector at the Ministry of Education. She is the lady who makes the referrals. She asked us some questions and we signed written consent to visit the orphanage. Then we headed off for the 3 hr drive to the orphanage. That was an adventure in itself...let's just say that the very few traffic laws that they do have here all seem to be fairly optional:). The drive however was just beautiful the whole way and, praise the Lord, I did not get carsick. We met first with the doctors and caseworker and finally then were able to meet the kids. They are just beautiful and I look forward to being able to share a picture of their faces with you after court but for now these will have to do. Bubbles, horses, books and peek-a-boo, it was a great first visit. We just wish we could scoop them up and come home today...but all in the Lord's time. We will drive the 6 hrs round trip each day to see them this week and we don't stop to eat along the way. Between that, the lack of beef (for Paul) and my limited allowed diet, we may both come home a few pounds lighter:). God has continued to be so very faithful and we can feel your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome God. To think of the plan laid out before we were imagined. And the instrument of love that the two of you represent. My heart is so moved and I am praising my Creator. We continue to pray. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to your posts, and will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! I'm glad you get to see them every day while you are there :). Hope you can find something to pack to eat on your way there and back :) - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! They look like the already have bonded some! So great. I remember these days and the emotions and even more....the driving! Tell Lidia and Lena hi from the Schlattmann's

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting to see you at the same orphanage! Wow! I am glad things are going well for you. It is a haul to the orphanage, but so worth it. We had a few days where we couldn't go and it was difficult. Please tell everyone hello from the McClellands! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete