Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here we go!

You know those rare momments that don't catch you quite so off guard when you can sit and contemplate that life as you know it is about to change? That is one of the continual thoughts on my mind this week. In less than 30 hrs we will be on a plane to Russia to meet our new son and daughter. Not sure if I could even articulate the myriad of thoughts and feelings swirling in my heart and mind. I get asked alot what I am expecting it to be like when we get home. The answer to that is, "I'm not". I don't have a clue what it will be like, how difficult, how smooth, how each of our children will respond, how long it will take for life to feel some assemblance of normal again, what issues may arise....but I know who holds tomorrow, and He has very clearly asked us to surrender to Him, our lives and those of our family's. He has been so very faithful to continually affirm to us His plans and purposes for us in this even when we can't clearly see. So what else is there to do but let go, throw up your arms and enjoy the ride:)!!! We are so excited to meet the sweet little faces in person that we have been growing to love through pictures. Thank you for your prayers, we will do our best to email you with the blog link each time we are able to post to the blog. Lord willing,our plane leaves the ground at 8:30am on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. What you will have when they arrive home with you and you take each day as our Father God has planned is a "new kind of normal".

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you!!- Sarah

    ReplyDelete